Scientists who are interested in organizing a Scientific Program or Topical Workshop are invited to submit a proposal
Submission and Dates
Any proposals should be submitted using our Submission Form. You are strongly encouraged to contact the Scientific Coordinator for any questions coming along in the process of composing your proposal.
Call for Proposals for 2020 is closed. Proposals for Topical Workshops can be submitted throughout the year, normally 6 months before the event.
External organizers are expected to stay at Mainz for a significant portion of the MITP activity. There should be always at least two of the organizers present.
Structure of the Proposal
A proposal for a Scientific Program or Topical Workshop should contain:
- Scientific motivation including arguments on the timeliness of the field and the expected impact of the program / workshop (2-3 pages)
- A list of the main scientific goals
- Names and contact information of up to 4 external organizers
- List of potential participants and their status of commitment
- A designated diversity coordinator from the group of organizers
- A diversity plan to ensure that underrepresented groups (e.g. women, young scientists, scientists from less developed countries) are not overlooked in the invitation process.
- Preferred dates for the program / workshop
All proposals will be evaluated by the MITP Advisory Board consisting of leading scientists from all relevant areas. MITP specifically supports proposals fostering interactions between different communities which traditionally do not have strongly established ties. A diversity plan and the choice of diversity coordinator are important aspects that are considered in the selection of programs and workshops.
Please make sure to use the MITP proposal template. For questions related to proposals or the scientific design of MITP activities, please contact the MITP Scientific Coordinator.